Pastor James Crews
Pastor James Crews has planted 3 churches in the 40-year course of his ministry. Always giving glory to God for his accomplishments, he avoids using numbers and statistics to determine his success. Instead, he believes that the true value of a ministry comprises souls saved and disciplined, the uncompromising declaration of the Word of God, and the contribution to His global missions.
He has overseen building projects overseen by the BMA Revolving Loan Fund which have been paid in full. All three churches averaged over 100 people during the time they were together.
Always emphasizing the pastoral care of members along with equipping them for the work of ministry and to know and love God and His Word, Pastor James Crews rejoices to see the spiritual growth and gifts of each individual member serving the Body of Christ throughout his years in the Ministry.
Jennifer Crews, his wife of 40 years has been a vital part of their ministry. Having a AA degree in Office Occupations, a BS degree in Christian Counseling and Psychology, and certification as a BMA coach has further equipped them to serve the church strategically in many ways. She has been active in discipleship and counseling women and coaching a female foreign missionary. Jennifer has also led Bible studies and prayer groups with women over the course of decades in ministry together.
Some Facts About Pastor James Crews
- Was raised in Central-Florida
- Married Jennifer (Castleman) from Nashville, Arkansas in 1974
- Has 4 children: Kari, Krista, Justin, and Jenna
- Has 12 grandchildren (and one on the way)
- Has 3 great-grandchildren
- Was “Born Again” in 1996
- Was Baptized in 1973
- Was Licensed to Preach in 1974
- Was Ordained in 1977
- He wrote and published the book: “The Heart of the Pastor” in 1998
- Has preached in approximately 180 churches in 20 states with nearly 100 of them in Arkansas.